Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Craft Warehouse - Dear Lizzy Meets Kaisercraft


I am not sure what it is about the end of the month that makes my son come down with a cold, but out of the last five months, I have only been able to go to one Scrap Club because of it! My local Craft Warehouse holds a Scrap Club at the end of each month. The company is great and I am always learning something new with the demo shared.

We also get a scrapbook kit challenge. The only rule to the challenge is that you have to use something from everything of the kit (even if it is a small hole punch of paper) and if you take the kit, you have to bring it back finished to Club the next month.



Here is the photo I took of the kit challenge. It really stumped me good. Dark green is not my favorite go-to color. Kaisercraft's 75 Cents collection screamed more "mint" to me than dark green, so I let that be my inspiration.


I went to Pinterest and typed in "mint green" and I was inspired to put ivory and stripes with the original kit. I found more mint and stripes in Dear Lizzy's Lucky Charm collection for American Crafts and then I just had fun with it.


The dark green paper with the polka dots was placed under the "This is My Happy Place" chipboard title by Dear Lizzy. I also played with the circle stickers from the collection and punched out items from the kit to mimic the design.


Maggie Holmes' mint bow and clip from her new collection with Crate Paper tied in with the design as well, so I had to include them with the butterfly from the kit.


I love to see everyone's pages come into club. Everyone's style is different and I can't wait to see how they used the items from the kit on their pages. What was unique about this challenge was that everyone stayed with the "dark green" theme. So, when the host was showing everyone's pages when she got to mine she didn't hold it up to share. She looked at it and put it off to the side like it wasn't a part of the challenge. After she went through all the pages I asked her about mine and she looked at the page, still not thinking it was a part of the challenge, and took the opportunity to share with the group about my pregnancy. Ha! I guess I did too much of a good job using all those kit items that she didn't even recognize them. ;)

Create Well: Need help with a color scheme? Search the colors on Pinterest and see what color combinations come up. It might kick off your next page.